International Paper is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products including pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products, like feminine care, that promote health and wellness. International Paper’s pulp is used to make 1 of every 3 baby diapers as well as 102 billion feminine care pads each year. We work closely with our customers and partners through the Center for Baby and Adult Hygiene Products (BAHP) to help advance policy issues impacting feminine, adult incontinence and baby care products. Together, we are focused on product accessibility, ingredient labeling, product safety and sustainability. Read our latest handout here.
We Support the Menstrual Products Right To Know Act
- IP urges Congress to set a federal standard that also protects our intellectual property.
- We stand behind every ingredient we use and believe that ingredients in personal care products should be clearly communicated to consumers.
- It’s imperative that our competitors don’t have access to our innovative ingredients and we believe a federal standard can strike a balance.
We Support the Menstrual Equity for All Act
HR 3614 expands access to feminine care products in locations like schools and federal buildings
- Each year, more than 500 million people worldwide don’t have the products they need to manage their monthly periods.
- Period poverty is an issue that leads to a number of issues like school truancy, reproductive issues, health risks and unneeded shame.
- International Paper partners with our customers to help end period poverty.
We Support the Diaper Act
- The Diaper Act (S. 3660) allows diapers to be covered as an allowable medical expense under health savings accounts (HSAs) and health flexible spending arrangements (FSAs).
- Because these are pre-tax funds, this bill will make diapers more accessible and affordable for consumers and would be consistent with the 2020 law that made feminine care products FSA and HSA eligible.